One of the best ways to bring a client into a state of relaxation is with heat. When clients get on my massage table I always have a table warmer on. Few refuse the inviting warmth no matter what the season and it is always soothing to the body. Heat not only feels good on sore, tired muscles, it also increases blood flow which helps with inflammation. It's not always practical to have electric powered gadgets available and sometimes you just need it on areas of the body that are not easily accessible with a standard heating pad, particularly the hands and feet.
My hands and feet are two areas that become tired and sore at the end of a long day. I found two products that help relieve pain while increasing blood flow and boosting the relaxation sensation without having to plug them in.
PhysioNatural Microwave Safe Therapy Mittens with Flax Seeds
I just pop these in the microwave for 2 minutes and slip them over my hands and instantly feel the heat penetrate into my stiff joints and tight muscles. They are filled with flax seed and lavender plus have a weighted feeling for extra comfort with moist heat which lasts a long time. I usually only need 5-7 minutes to feel the relief but it is a good way to just relax and unwind at the end of the day.
PhysioNatural Heated Foot Booties
If you want to add more heat or prefer to just focus on your feet after a long day, you can't go wrong with the booties either. The booties have warming beads in the bottom so make sure you have your feet propped up and don't try to walk in them. Just a couple of minutes in the microwave and I can enjoy deep moisturizing heat on my tired, achy feet. So great for chilly nights! PhysioNatural is a brand that I prefer, well made and very comfy.
*As an Amazon Affilliate I earn from qualifying purchases
Please feel free to email me with any questions regarding the above products


Comments
Post a Comment